The U.S. House of Representatives just passed a bill that would provide $3 trillion to help and support our families, communities, and businesses in the middle of the COVID-19 pandemic. It includes a very important provision for home visiting: an additional $100 million in emergency funding that can be used for the care of birthing families, such as through community-based doula care.
Call your Senators today and let them know you want them to vote YES on the COVID-19 relief bill!
A phone call from you is one of the best ways to let your Senators know what their constituents are feeling about issues, and right now we have an important opportunity to make sure that doula care receives the funding it needs!
You can call today by following the steps below!
You can find the phone number for your Senators at this link: www.senate.gov.
You can also call the Capitol switchboard at 202-224-3121 and ask them to connect you to the office of your Senator:
When you call:
1. Let them know you are a constituent.
2. Say that you are calling to ask your Senator to protect and support birthing families as part of their COVID-19 response
3. Let them know that you would like them to vote YES on the COVID-19 bill that will provide $100 million in additional funds for home visiting, which will include the following activities:
- Training home visitors on virtual home visits and emergency preparedness and response planning for families
- Providing technology to families to facilitate home visits
- Providing emergency supplies to families, such as diapers, formula, non-perishable food, water, hand soap, and hand sanitizer
- Providing prepaid debit cards to families to help them meet emergency needs
4. Thank them for their time and support of our families and communities
When you call your Senator’s office – we would love to know how the call went. Email us and update us on how it went at: email@example.com
Thank you for your support and advocacy of birthing families!
The HealthConnect One team